Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Staying in Werdau!...Hypothetically

Wait Mom, I was having trouble understanding your letter, whose birthday was it? 7 hours in the temple sounds like quite the party. We're hoping that on Friday we'll be able to take a new convert to the temple, though I imagine we'd have to have quite the conversation with President Fingerle if we were to stay there for 7 hours. Lisa, a true magician never reveals his secrets. But fortunately for you I am no magician. It just involves some awkward leaning and stretching until my head is about sideways. In terms of your question, "what is the purpose of prayer," I'm not sure if I can really tell you anything you don't already know. Some answers I've heard from others are: to invite the Holy Ghost into our lives, to receive answers from God, to align our will with His, to obtain forgiveness for our sins, to obtain direction in our life, to express gratitude to God, to receive the strength to change our circumstances, to ask God for things we need...all of which I think our good and true answers. For me personally I think the purpose of prayer is for me to have the opportunity to speak with and obtain divine help and direction from my Father in Heaven, who loves me and who I love. Well Andy, it's strange to hear that the Dirty Devil is coming up once again. That means I'll be around for the next one. So I sorta just got stuck in a long phone call with a member which means I've now got like 0 time, but things are going well. For whatever reason everyone in this country seems to only be able to meet on Monday so we keep having to change to Tuesday, but President Fingerle hasn't gotten bothered by it...yet. Love you guys, have a good week!

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment