Tuesday, April 5, 2016

The Celestial Language

Unfortunately Mom, if anything people seemed even more opposed to religion during Easter. The suggestion that there's more to Easter than the Easter Bunny and painted eggs seemed to offend them. Though we did get a pretty good turnout at church on Easter. Luckily I wouldn't know about the German Lisa, since we ended up having an English translation for General Conference. I think you're right about the simplicity of the Gospel. I used to think that obscure events or difficulties were signs that God was angry at me, or that I was doing something wrong if I didn't feel the Holy Ghost speaking to me in the exact way I wanted Him to. But when it comes down to it Heavenly Father, His Gospel, and life in general are pretty simple and straightforward. Yeah Andy, me and Abe have been keeping in touch. Typically just a short 1 or 2 sentence email each week. His email is abraham.ogles@myldsmail.net. Yeah Dad, lots of marriage/family talks. Some things didn't feel super applicable for mission life, but others did. I think a companionship has its similarities to marriage. Sounds like you're officially an old man Joey, 33? I can't believe you would play poo sticks without me.

Welp, not the greatest week in the world as our investigators go. Both appointments with the new investigators fell out, as well as 3 of the others that we had scheduled. And then sadly no one ended up coming to General Conference.

But General Conference itself pretty much made up for it. President Uchtdorf's comment about German being the Celestial language basically summed it up. But really though, so much amazingness. Forgiveness, Humility, multiple reminders that we are all God's children, and that we all have a divine heritage, purpose and potential. Who needs Christmas when you've got General Conference?

Anywho, with the help of Prophetic advice, I think we'll be able to get things picking back up over here, hopefully it'll help us all, missionaries, members and non-members to change our lives for the better :)

Have a good week!

Elder Larsen

"Our primary concern should be the success of others"

"I know it in my mind, but do I believe it in my heart?"

"No life is so shattered that it can't be repaired."

"Choose the hard rights, over the easy wrongs."


No comments:

Post a Comment