Monday, March 28, 2016

Zionists

Well Mom, unfortunately they believe in actually celebrating Easter here, which means that most stores are closed today. But next week we should (hopefully) have a normal pday where we can do some shopping. Anywho, sounds like you're having lots of fun. Colonoscopies, implants, violent children...just save some for me. I imagine there's still some mouth adventures in store for me. Whoops Andy, I got distracted last week and forgot to explain my sweet basketball experience. Us and 4 Elders from Hannover played some 3v3 basketball. After a while of ol' Elder Larsen takin em out down low with lay-ups and rebounds, someone's like "Man, Elder Larsen!" and then another Elder's like "All he's doing is making lay-ups." So then I had to go ahead and swish a couple 3-pointers. But don't worry, I got humbled after playing soccer today. Well Lisa and Michelle, I'm not positive how I feel about this ultimate frisbee business. Seems like I'll be needing to set things straight when I get back. Or maybe it'll be as Joey said, and I'll be converted to the wickedness of soccer. Heidi, I think I'll have to take your word on Freezer meals being the best. Good to hear that Savvy and Abby aren't (yet) experiencing the joys of teeth problems. 25 pushups, eh dad? Quite the wild animal. I hope you're training up to play ultimate frisbee.

Okie Dokie

Pretty good week around these parts. Tuesday we met for the second time with a member-referred young couple, who are making pretty good progress. They made it to church yesterday and really enjoyed it. Only potential problem at the moment is that they aren't actually married, although they live together. But at the moment they're doing really well. Still some problems with our older investigators, but we're moving forward.

We had quite a bit of finding time this week, which led us to a couple new investigators. Because of Easter Holiday (kids here get like 2 weeks off of school for Easter), a lot of teenagers were at home, and 2 of them agreed to meet with us. Unfortunately the first appointment, which was supposed to be today, already fell through. We booked it through pouring rain to make it in time, ringed the doorbell, saw him look at us from inside and watched as he walked away into another room. We waited for 5 or so minutes and then gave it up. Ouch.

But on the bright side we have a super solid week ahead of us. Lots to do and little time to do it, nothing is better in the life of a missionary.

Oh, and also this week, we ran into a fun conspiracy theorist guy, who told us that an evil sect called the Zionists are trying to destroy America. Apparently Hilary Clinton and Joe Bidon belong to this group. He then proceeded to wave his arms about and in a loud voice say how all the people walking around us were blind. Just your average day of street contacting :). Anywho, that's about all I've got for this week.


Hope yall have a good one!

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment