Monday, February 22, 2016

Want a Hippopotamus For Christmas?

Very interesting. On Friday we got a text saying that some of the emails didn't go through, and that we could try to resend them. I went to my email and saw that somehow my letter magically sent itself again on Wednesday...I was very much confused. I guess I should have known when I got that picture, Mom. I be like "what does she mean, 'Since we didn't hear from you yet'?" I suppose there's another pretty big advantage of being a missionary, mom. No dances! I'll have to enjoy it while it lasts. Good idea Lisa, hacking into my account. That one week when we had to change our email time president Fingerle asked me, "so does your family force you to write them each week?" Haha, I suppose so. I've had some similar thoughts to yours Lisa. Today during personal study I was looking up references for charity/love, and just thought about how literally everything in the Gospel has to do with love. And yet it's one thing to know something is true, and another to constantly act accordingly. It's certainly a process. "Small but promising interactions," eh Andy? Are we talking about some babe giving you a smooch, or something more like a girl making 1 second of eye contact? Can't believe y'all are going on all these trips without your own bro, bro. Brother Henderson died, dad? That's crazy, last I saw him he was still doing his daily rounds up and down the street with his walker. Think it's probably for the best though, I sure wouldn't wanna go on any longer than that. You enjoy the smell of smoke and chemicals Heidi? And rooms with no air conditioning (only heaters)? Then you sure would love it here in Berlin! Haha, it actually isn't all that bad. I'm glad you'll be able to be a bit more comfortable while watching tv all day, you'll have to make up for my absence. Alright Joey, I'll try my best. How many hamburgers do you eat without (?). Do you speak German? What kind of (?) cat are you? Rivers are long. Tell Marty he'll be getting a big ol spoof when I get back. That picture at the temple made me think how when I get back there's gonna be Marty, Jake and then some 6 year old who claims his name is Marty.



Quite the finding-full week! Typically it's a bit more exciting to have more appointments, but we had a pretty above average amount of success with it this week. Made out appointments with 6 new people and a less active, which is certainly a new finding record for me. If all goes well with the appointments we made out, this next week will be prettyyyyy awesome.


With all the finding this week we met a lot of people with a whole lot of different views. One lady found the concept of eternal families ridiculous. Instead, she believed that after dying she'd simply come back as a tree. Another guy believed that God is a woman, many think that there's no one correct way to worship God and others (this has been pretty common lately) decided that the wars going on are proof that there is no God. And to be honest I can't blame them! Without the Book of Mormon, or prophets, or personal revelation, I'm sure my own beliefs wouldn't be so different from theirs. I've been reading in the Old Testament lately, and without JSTs and other forms of modern revelation, there are so many things that don't make a lick of sense. But we DO have these things, and as members of Christ's church we can find answers that no amount of worldly "knowledge" can give us. And we have the awesome privilege of sharing these things with the world.

I think that's about it for this week. Have a good one!

Elder Larsen


No comments:

Post a Comment