Monday, June 19, 2017

Wir Singen Rot



Yes, once again I apologize for the lack of emailage last week. In my defense it wasn't for any selfish "fun" endeavor, rather it was a few hours of shopping, which after many months of avoiding worldly entertainment is just as boring as ever. Speaking of red eyes, Mom, we went to the zoo today and something there destroyed my face in terms of allergies. Elder Mehr had a dentist appointment this week and it renewed my gratitude for the break that I've had so far with trips to the dentist...which I'm guessing will end as soon as I get back home.

After Losing a Friendly Wager
Elder Mehr Had to Buy a Pikachu Suit


Well Lisa I can only imagine what it will feel like for me being by myself after two years of being 24/7 with other people who are, to some extent, total strangers. There's a talk I found a few days ago from President Monson in October 1999 called Becoming our Best Selves that I haven't gotten to reading yet, but that could possibly pass well to your thought.

I think we both know basketball isn't the only reason for getting a gym membership Andy. And I'll have you know that despite my pathetic amount of NBA knowledge I've defended the Spurs/Tim Duncan multiple times against other missionaries.

I don't see the problem Heidi, I'm around people every day who drink too much booze.

Well Joey I suppose there could be worse reasons for not writing me an email. It is indeed hard to believe that I will one day be a dad. But I'd say you deserve more praise, current dad. Tell Marty I lave him too.

Pops I wish you as well a Happy Father's Day, to be honest I didn't realize it even was Father's Day, either it isn't celebrated in Germany or it's celebrated on a different day.



Delicious Burritos that We Made
Credit to Elder Castillo For Teaching Me the Ways of the Burrito

'Twas a solid week. On Tuesday we did a street display in our area with a few other missionaries which went pretty well. I ended up having a really long conversation with a guy from Texas who moved here about a week ago. He knew quite a bit about our church but he's convinced that the only scripture worth reading is the New Testament. It was interesting though because he kept on trying to argue points that we both agree on (for example that we are saved by grace and not by works) and the scriptures he used to try to prove things against the church ended up kind of backfiring on him, he wanted to prove that only faith is necessary and it isn't possible to become like God, but the scripture he used to prove the first point contradicted the second by saying that we through faith become the Sons of God. Sadly he didn't have much interest in learning more, but it was a testimony booster that God doesn't let us be confounded by His own word.

District Photo From Last Transfer

I'm running out of time, but aside from that we played ultimate frisbee with the young men and women which was awesome. Pretty sure that was my first real ultimate frisbee since last year. Elder Mehr had a dentist appointment in Annaberg this week to finish a filling process that had started before he got transferred here. On the way there a drunk mom and her son were singing loudly the whole time, mostly songs about the Chemnitz soccer team. The most repeated one went to the tune of "When The Saints Come Marching In." Wir singen rot! Wir singen weiß! Wir singen rot, weiß, F-C-U! And so forth.

Time's up, have a great week!

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment