Monday, May 8, 2017

Teaching the Humble


Yeah Mom, I was scared because last week the day after I wrote emails someone told me Mother's day was this week (as in yesterday), but fortunately I discovered that it's actually this upcoming week. For us 5:00 P.M. (I think 9:00 A.M. for you guys) would work best. I'm thinking I'll probably just wait on Winter Semester, Mom. Though to be honest I'm not really sure. I have this weird back and forth idea of studying in Germany...but at the moment I think that probably won't happen. I guess my time for thinking about it is starting to run out.

Have fun in Belize Brosky. I'm feeling a hunger for ultimate frisbee as well. If you or someone else gets the opportunity, ask Brandon if he remembers an Elder Jeremy Lindstrom. He's a new member in Tiergarten who apparently served in the same city as Brandon in Ukraine. Small world.

Well Joey if Marty is better at soccer than you, he's gotta be better than me. Thanks for the prayers bro, I'll be sure to send them your way as well.

Yeah Dad, not sure if we'll be having a warm week, the weather has been pretty unpredictable the last few weeks. It should rain the next few days. I'm enjoying the cold weather while it lasts though, it might be the last cold season I experience in Germany before coming home.

The weeks here in Berlin go by so fast. One highlight though of this week was on Sunday a man just randomly walked in for sacrament meeting, saying he wanted to learn more about the church. He said his brother who lives in Sweden got baptized 5 years ago and invited him to also learn about the Gospel. He's a super humble guy and is excited to continue meeting with us. It's been cool the last two weeks to see how much more susceptible humble people are to the Gospel. Both this guy who came this week and the man from Bulgaria that we met last week (who also came yesterday to church) have so little in terms of money, possessions and for our friend from Bulgaria he even lacks the capability of speaking the German language...and yet they recognize something good and they embrace it. Sometimes for us, who for the most part have everything that we need, sometimes get so caught up in information, facts and uncertainty that our skepticism keeps us from moving forward. It's interesting to have read so many times the story of Alma teaching the humble Zoramites and now to live basically the same story happening over 2000 thousands later in Berlin, Germany.



In other news, Elder Castillo just reminded me that a few days ago we had a sport night with the Spanish speakers of the ward, during which he cruelly hit a girl in the face with a volleyball (ok, ok, it was just an accident). Anywho, not sure if there's anything else too exciting from this week. Life is gooooood.

Much Love,

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment