Monday, April 17, 2017

The Refrigerator



Yeah Mom, I'll let you know about the card as soon as I get it. We're going to the office today so I should be able to start the process of getting that taken care of. President Fingerle will get me a new temple recommend the next time I see him and other than that there wasn't anything too important that I lost. That's pretty sad about the person you know, Mom. This last week I had a similarish experience of visiting a less active member. He was the first person I had an actual appointment with in Germany and in my time in Neuköln we had made a lot of progress with him. He had moved to Tiergarten (my current area) toward the end of my time there and as I got transferred here over a year later I was excited to see him again. I was sad to not see him at church but after a couple of times of going by his house we were finally able to find him at home. He didn't look so good. He told us about some of his problems and it was sad to see that he had fallen into the old habits that we had conquered together over a year ago. He feels distant from God to the point that he doubts God's existence. Hopefully we'll be able to help him get back on his feet, but it just shows me how important support from the members is; he said that after moving from Neuköln to Tiergarten he never felt welcome in the new ward and on his own he wasn't able to win out against temptation. I think there are few people who can make it through the challenges of life alone. We'll definitely need to get members involved and bring him back into the fold. That took more time to explain than expected.



Well Lisa, sadly I'm not yet fat, short and blonde. I've been working on the fat part for a while and the blonde hair shouldn't be too hard. I think getting shorter will be pretty hard though. Wow, Gracie is totes adorbs.

 Yeah Andy, I'm sure it was your "daunting figure." I'm not sure that there are too many Germans devastated about Nowitski not making the playoffs. As far as I know there are few Germans that know anything about the NBA, aside from that Nowitski is in it.

Go for the house in Provo, Heidi. Only then can your kids be the future stars of the Timpview ultimate frisbee team.

Es verdad, Jose. Tal vez tenia demasiado orgullo. Pero por fortuna como misionero no necesito mucho dinero."Dinero no peude comprarme amor" o investigadores, o un testimonio, o exito.
Thanks for your testimony Dad, and your fine usage of #PrinceOfPeace :).


I can't think of anything else terribly exciting from this week. We got our transfer call this week and me and Elder Castillo be staying in Tiergarten, woohooooo! Nothing better than being able to stay in an area for longer than a measly 6 weeks. Elder Castillo is also super awesome. One of the most chill missionaries out there. We also transported a fridge using a trolley roughly 3 kilometers to a member's house, which was pretty fun. Other than that we're just searching for investigators that are really ready to progress. We have tons of potential investigators and people willing to meet, but time is just so limited. Anywho, love you, have a good week!

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment