Monday, February 27, 2017

Only Three Appointments Fell Out



Well Mom, though I sadly wasn't able to participate in the screech fest, we did have an eating appointment yesterday with a couple kids that reminded me quite a bit of Marty and Jake. The younger one was really small and I didn't really expect him to be able to really say much, but either he was a genius or older than he looked, because his English was probably about as good as mine. They're bilingual, the dad is German and the mom is American. Join the sick party, Lisa. It seems like everyone here is sick as well. We've had a few appointments fall through due to sickness and last Sunday church attendance was like half of what it's been the other weeks here. Hopefully that'll come to an end soon. Somehow through the mass sickness wave both here and in Werdau I've been able to stay healthy. Boy Andy, the clock is ticking...you're an old man now. So my return date if I extend would be October 6th, is that the week of the Dirty Devil? Yeah Heidi, President Fingerle said it wouldn't take more than the click of a mouse to let me extend. Hmm...if it's true that a boy invited Savannah to his birthday party that means Savannah's a bit further along than Andy is. That was a pretty good general conference talk, Dad. If there's any truth that needs to be spread among Germany it's that one about God being our perfectly loving father.





So I think we hit a new record this week in that only three of our appointments fell out. Most of them actually ended up working out, woohoo! All of our appointments this week were with people either older than 60 or younger than 15...which is something of a challenge. For the older generation the idea of there being one true church is really hard to grasp and for the younger generation worldly influences make it pretty difficult to live faithfully without support from the family.


A question I've asked probably thousands of times on my mission is "do you know anyone who would be interested in our message." This question has lead to a specific name I think twice on my mission...one of which was from this week. These two ladies gave us the name of a guy in an apartment building we were in front of, but after saying the name they couldn't hold back their laughter. So we were obviously pretty intrigued. Well it turns out this man, whose name they had given us had met with missionaries for some 15 years. The ward isn't too fond of him...to the point that they took his teaching record and shredded it so that missionaries would stop visiting him. But in all honesty so far he seems like a pretty nice guy. After talking to him a couple times he in turn gave us a referral of a lady in his apartment building who is interested in God, who we were able to talk to and invite to church. Anywho, that's the random story of the week...we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The weeks get too mixed up for me to really remember what else happened these last few days and I'm also somewhat lazy when it comes to writing emails...so I think that's all I've got for this week. Have a good one!

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment